I’m crazy about working out with a kettlebell. Kettlebells have been around forever but have only recently become all the rage here in the US. Working out with a kettlebell has so many benefits, if done correctly. It provides all-over body conditioning, huge results in less time, increased toning without bulking, and massive calorie burning…just to name a few.
Kettlebell workouts provide both cardio and strength training, both important to your overall health. I’ve been doing kettlebell workouts around three times a week for about a month now and I’m noticing a difference in how my clothes fit. It’s exciting. The thing I love about working out with kettlebells is that it’s fun..never gets boring. Plus, you burn off approximately 20 calories per minute in these workoouts. How awesome is that? 20 minutes equals roughly 400 calories you can kiss goodbye!
Some quick tips:
- Start out with a lighter kettlebell and work your way up. In the case of kettlebells, bigger isn’t always better.
- Try doing your kettlebell workout barefoot or wear a flat-heeled training shoe with minimal cushion. Running shoes are not optimal for kettlebell training.
- 10 great reps are better than 20 half-assed ones.
- Only do kettlebell workouts 3-4 x’s per week. It’s an intense workout and you need recovery time between each session.
- Make sure you are working out in a clear space with room to swing the kettlebell. Also, make sure no people or animals are around you, in case the kettlebell flies from your hand. Trust me, it happens. Just ask my cat.
Here are my top 10, go-to Kettlebell workouts I found on Pinterest. I’ve actually used 9 of these and am working my way toward the more advanced video I shared. There isn’t one I like better than the others, they are all great. Sometimes, I like to use a video while other times, I like to pick which order I want to do my workout in which is why I use the tutorials, instead.
Before you begin, if you’ve never used a kettlebell, be sure to read up on proper usage and body alignment to prevent injury.
Fitness Blender KB for Beginners Video warning…this one may be for beginners but I couldn’t sit down for three days without whimpering.
No Excuses KB Workout This was the first kettlebell workout I ever tried. It’s what got me hooked.
I recently bought a Kettlebell workout video that was recommended to me by a friend. I LOVE it. It’s a 4-disc set and I started with the beginners disc. It’s a 54 minute video and time flies. I highly recommend this video. I’ve provided the link. And, in full disclosure, it’s got my affiliate link. I do own this video though and can honestly say, it’s a great workout!
What’s your favorite way to work out? Have you tried using the Kettlebell?