Welcome to Rock and Drool!
The fairest review blog you’ll ever want to meet…or maybe not want to meet, eh? It’s all about transparency and integrity! Your product will either rock or drool.
My name is Melissa Brodsky. I am the Mommy of a blended family which includes 2 girls and 3 boys. Plus, a husband, 6 cats (I KNOW!), a dog, 5 fish and lots of laundry. We are fairly close knit family, which may be slightly unusual in a blended situation. Oh, trust me, we also have the typical dysfunction, too!
A litte about us:
When I’m not doing loads upon loads of laundry or rounding up the dust bunnies into their “corral”, I’m keeping up a personal blog, contributing to the the Urbane Life as a relationship/sex writer and running a new social media business called Smart Savvy Social.
If you’d like a sample of my writing style, which I plan on using for my reviews, please…visit my blog Rock and Drool.
My husband loves volleyball, poker, golf. He probably would partake in more outdoor activities like hiking and camping if he was married to, perhaps, someone else? OK, I don’t mind the hiking. But I’m not a camping, outdoorsy type.
Our oldest two kids are in 10th grade. My son and step daughter…who is my daughter, thank you very much! They are both into their laptops, video games (actually, all my kids are into video games) reading and being online. They also like hanging out with their friends and wandering amok through the neighborhood. Poor neighbors.
Our middle son is in 9th grade. He enjoys wrestling figures, reading, video games. He also has some “issues” that we are trying to get under control.
The youngest daughter is in 8th grade! She loves reading, listening to music, begging me for a cell phone, beauty products, clothes and she hopes to one day be a Disney star.
My youngest. He is in 2nd grade. He is finally reading on his own and is a terrific speller. He loves his video games, playing with action figures, running naked through the subdivision, playing with his friends and cousins and annoying his siblings. He…is the true spoiled youngest child. But we love him.
Should you represent a company that is looking for someone to give honest feedback about your product, I may be interested in doing a review to share with my readers. I will be selective in what I choose to take on, because I want to keep things relevant to what my life is about. Beauty products, clothing, things for tweens/teens, and early elementary school aged children. As well as things for educators because my husband is a teacher.
The opportunity to work closely with companies, and try new products and services, is a privilege – as is the manufacturer’s responsibility to market their items in a fair manner – and I really do appreciate your interest in getting my family’s feedback.
Here are a few things to remember, when considering sending me your product:
* All queries should be sent via email to: melissabrodsky at sbcglobal dot net
* Upon receipt of your email, I will notify you within 2-3 business days of our interest to review your product and/or service and provide you with where to send your stuff.
* Please include the street price, standard press material, hardware information and the name of a contact in case we have a problem or questions.
* All products received become the property of Rock and Drool. I can’t, in good conscience, commit to promoting a product that I would have to eventually give back. In my experience, disclosing this fact in a review, I would lose all credibility with my readers.
* There are no charges or fees associated with my family’s review process.
* My family is available to review any and all products that would be of interest to other “real” families and this includes websites, as well.
* Giveaways are a great opportunity for us to “share” our experience with the products that we really like and also helps to increase exposure about YOUR product, book or site. Please let me know from the get-go if you are interested in sponsoring a giveaway of your product.
* Once the giveaway deadline has passed, a winner’s name will be randomly drawn from all eligible comments. I will provide you with the winner’s name and address, for the sole purpose of prize fulfillment. The names are private and cannot be sold to any 3rd party, period.
* I prefer not to handle shipments.
*Rock and Drool does NOT sell or rent the email addresses of any Rock and Drool newsletter or RSS subscriber to any third party, period.
If you have an event, sweepstakes or other information which you feel would be a good fit for an informational-style post here, please drop me an e-mail at melissabrodsky(@)sbcglobal(.)net and I would be happy to discuss it with you. There is no charge for this.
please contact me for pricing
melissabrodsky at sbcglobal dot net
Legal Stuff, et cetera, et cetera…
Rock and Drool is a personal blog written and edited by me and does not accept any form of cash advertising, or paid topic insertions for our articles and reviews. ie: nothing that obviously tries to sway my honest opinion.
However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in Rock and Drool. I blog with integrity and pride myself on the fact.
The views and opinions expressed on Rock and Drool are purely those of mine and my family and nobody else’s.
If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
I look forward to working with you!
Contact me about product reviews at:
melissabrodsky at sbcglobal dot net