I, the Queen, am not a boring person. Typically, I’m not bored, either. I can usually find ways to entertain myself to distract me from the boringness of this particularly inactive summer that I’ve been having.
Sure, I’ve been doing stuff. Things. But not every single day. Which is probably what makes me appreciate the stuff and things even more than I normally would.
So, if you are having a summer much like mine, may I suggest some activities in which to keep you preoccupied? These work for me and I am happy to help my royal subjects find their entertainment. Oh and…don’t mention it, you are so welcome.
1. Facebook Quizzes: I limit myself to 5 a day. I wouldn’t want to run out of quizzes before the summer ends. Although, it does seem that they are being produced rapidly and I’m thankful for that. I’ve learned so much about myself through these quizzes. For example: my mythical creature is a unicorn. I should have been born a vampire…or a witch, depending on which day I take the quiz. I was a rebel in high school…which, I didn’t need a quiz to tell me, it just confirmed the truth. I have a husband who is 91% awesome. And just today, I learned that I’m a woman in my mid-40’s. Oh, the things you can find out about yourself by just taking a few hours out of your day to partake in these very informative quizzes.
2. Beyond Candy Crush: I’ve crushed enough candy and have since moved on to bigger and better games. Currently, I am busily aiding in protecting the jungle animals in Forest Mania. I’m also quite proficient in Juice Cubes except I can’t find anyone to send me a ticket to move onto the next level. So instead, I play the same levels, over and over, in hopes of beating the person who holds the high score. Turns out I’m pretty competitive so watch out!
3. Amazon Kindle: I enjoy looking up free or .99 books, reading the reviews, downloading the books and then…never read them. My Kindle library is quite impressive in its diversity and I’m not sure I know many who can rival my collection.
4. Scour Craigslist for RV’s: My husband and I decided we want to buy and RV. Only, we don’t have $250,000 for the one we want. So, we spend way too much time searching Craigslists both near and far, in search of our future Kingdom on Wheels. Also, it will come in handy for that Zombie Apocalypse. We’ll be like what’s his face from the first couple seasons of the Walking Dead…hit me up if and when the time comes and we’ll swing by and get you!
5. Groupon Vacation Deals: I live to dream. Because realistically, I’m not going to be buying a Groupon to travel to faraway places anytime in the near or distant future. But OMG..I have such bad Wanderlust. I need to go somewhere soon or I’m going to spontaneously implode. Or explode.
6. Obsess over the news: Right now, my main obsession is what’s going on over in Israel and Gaza. It’s driving me insane. I just want them both to shut up and learn to get along. I mean, how hard can that possibly be. Anyway, it keeps my mind busy. Kinda.
7. Looking at YOU: Your pictures come through my Facebook timeline and I start looking. And somehow, I get lost all the way back to 2009. Wow you guys, you have really cute kids! I love your gardens. You look like you have a nice marriage. And I love your dinners.
8. Laundry and Swiffer: At this point, it’s not even about household chores, it’s about the salvation of my sanity. Swiffering is a monotonous motion and, to be honest, I have a lot of pets so there is a lot of swiffering going on. And the laundry mountain…is unending. Unending, I tell you. Like…it never, ever ends. So, I turn on music and fold. And switch loads. And clear out the lint filter because I can’t afford to buy another dryer…or another house, for that matter.
9. Stare into space: Yeah, I sometimes do that. I sometimes even throw in a little fantasy, like I’m joining Daryl in the war against zombies. Hey, don’t judge, I’ve come up with great story lines simply by staring into space.
10. Wander around aimlessly: It is kind of amazing how much I can accomplish by wandering. I’ve weeded my gardens which is home base to mutant weeds. My efforts are usually rewarded by more weeds growing within a day. I’ve also cleaned bathrooms, kitchen counters, walls and other places that I wouldn’t have noticed had I not been wandering around aimlessly.
Then you repeat throughout the day. You can switch the order up a bit…to keep it from being boring.
There you have it. These are some sure things to keep you from being bored.
I, the Queen, approve this message.
On a side note: I’m going insane and need a vacation. Send an RV and money, STAT!