We have done absolutely nothing over break. Which means, all 7 of us have been cooped up in the house. Annoying the crap out of each other. NON. STOP.
It’s like I’ve gotten to know my kids better though. And I’ve made some major realizations about them that I am, with their knowledge, going to share with you. Well, and some stuff about the rest of us too.
1) The boys don’t shower very often. Nor do they change their clothes often. Thankfully though, they put on deodorant so their odor isn’t too odoriferous. The girls? Shower way too often, to only put back on their pajamas.
2) They are major, big time addicted to video games. My oldest daughter couldn’t sleep well because every time she closed her eyes, the Black Opps forces were there, pointing guns at her. That’ll teach her. Take eyeball breaks.
3) My youngest child is exceptionally overdramatic, crying out “Screw my whole life” if things don’t go his way. Academy award anyone? And a lock for his door. (He gets his bad language from his father. For sure.)
4) My youngest daughter is extremely PMS’y. Or maybe we’ll just call a spade a spade…she has bitchy tendencies. I love the girl but OMFG. Get your period already so that we only have to deal with this for one week a month instead of every freaking day. Love.
5) What ever happened to brushing teeth? And…holy bad breath. I think I’ve turned to stone a few times over break when having morning conversations with kids who don’t believe in brushing teeth before opening mouth.
6) We are a VERY lazy family. Like…lazy with a capital L.
7) Laundry hasn’t piled up too badly. People aren’t changing clothes so often because we’ve been living in pajamas unless otherwise necessary.
8) The kids eat a lot. Especially carbs. And pizza. We’ve ordered a lot of pizza. See #6. We have been lazy which means I haven’t cooked. Well, not very much. OK, maybe twice.
9) My children don’t like being asked to do anything. Which, I already knew. But, it’s really annoying, especially when it’s more appropriate for them to take the dogs out in their pajamas then it is for me to do.
10) The house hasn’t gotten very messy over this break. Most likely because we’ve all been on some sort of electronics, in our pajamas, non-stop. I have a pinched nerve in my neck from hunching over my computer all day. The days that I wrestle my computer away from my husband.
11) Yeah, one for good luck. My oldest daughter? She’s so BOY CRAZY. She reminds me of me. 🙂
Yeah, it’s been really VERY boring.