You wanna know a little pet peeve of mine? Yeah…you know you do.
OK. It drives me insane when women lose their own identity when driving in the car of life with their husband. It’s all fine and dandy that the generic your husband is successful. It’s so awesome that you have charge cards and carte blanche. Yay you that your kids are in private school. FANTASTIC that you have a private tennis instructor and a private yoga instructor. Both of which you are considering sleeping with. Gag.
Having a successful husband and 2.3 kids while driving a foreign SUV in Utopia, USA is definitely two thumbs up worthy. But generic wife of generic husband, it certainly doesn’t give you the right to curl your upper lip at those less fortunate. It’s not like you’re doing the work to get you where you are today. You just got lucky.
The parts that bug me are 1) so many of these people have no identity anymore and yet, still expect and demand that they be treated like royalty because of the whole “do you know who my husband is” mentality and 2) how ungrateful and bitter so many of these women seem.
Do I sound jealous? I can promise you that I’m not. It’s just that the area I live in and grew up in is infested with these lovelies. And the rest of us “NORMAL” people have to deal with and listen to and look at, on a regular basis…THEM. There comes a time when you’d rather smash your face through plate glass then see another microscopically skinny, nose in the air chick driving a GINORMOUS SUV with no regard that anyone else is on the road, let alone the planet, with them. If they are going to be so miserable, at least be nice and sweet to EVERYONE around them.
OK. Fine. I am a tad bit jealous. I wish that I was super skinny.
And here is a list of things that are annoying me today. Because all I’ve done today is sit around my house with a sleeping puppy and a laptop on my lap which has given me ample time to reflect…
1. I hate poker nights. This Friday is yet ANOTHER one. Thankfully, for once, I won’t be here at all. Spending the night in a hotel with some friends in celebration of my friend Beth’s 40th birthday.
2. I hate being on medicine. As in, on a regular basis. It’s so geriatric. And I’m so…not. At least, not yet.
3. I can’t get warm. It’s so damp out that it’s settling in my bones.
4. It displeases me that my hands have started aging. My fingers have gotten lines on them. What’s next, liver spots?!
5. I’m not a big fan of having insomnia. 3 nights in a row. It’s not that easy to function when you are super, duper exhausted.
6. Husbands are bigger babies than babies themselves when sick. But that’s not news.
7. It is bugging me that I have to remind myself to turn on the radio in my car. Not only that but, I have to make a conscious effort to make sure the volume is louder than a whisper. Not to even mention to make sure that a music station is on and NOT NPR all the time. I hate to say it but this is a definite sign of aging, when the first thing you do is put on your seatbelt instead of turning on the radio. Well, at least it’s a sign in my itty bitty world.
8. If I hear the word “no” or “why should I” out of the mouth of someone under 40 one more time, I’m locking the source in a closet until they do turn 40. Don’t worry, they’ll be supplied with a healthy diet of multi-grain bread and bottled water. No one can accuse me of neglecting my children.
9. The economy is so bad so perhaps the car companies should lower their prices. Just a thought. Considering that I need a new car badly and the quote that came back to me on a Ford Flex, which was supposedly better than the X-Plan, still gave me angina, goes to prove that either the economy is fine and the media just needs something to talk about OR car companies didn’t get the memo that money is tight.
10. I can’t stand people that constantly complain. That’s why I save up all my complaints and let the explode at once. Because that way, no one can accuse me of complaining too much…at least, not on a regular basis.
And that is all that is sloshing around in my brain right now.
Be sure to enter my giveaway, a couple of posts below this one.
You don’t sound jealous at all. And we call them “West End Wanda’s” here because that is where all of the che,che people live. And they are bitches and I hate them. For being skinny, but mostly for being rude and thinking that they are better than other people.
.-= Jennifer´s last blog ..I guess that means I’m perfect =-.
I KNOW! What is it with the fingers looking old??????????
And seriously? If I have dodge another super-skinny bitch driving a ginormous SUV swerving in and out of lanes, without regard as to who might currently be occupying said lane? Well, let’s just say it won’t be pretty – cause I’m sure I can take her skinny butt!
.-= Gigi´s last blog ..Just a peek at part of me that apparently wasn’t visible before….. =-.
Mommy X says
Yep, lots of insecure bitches out there. Oh, and you know what….I actually think I found age spots on my hands. WTF? That doesn’t even seem right. Enjoyed talking to you today finally. It was kind of weird. But good weird. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!
.-= Mommy X´s last blog ..Why I Support the Health Bill =-.
Whiney Momma says
Wow, it does sound like you have a lot on your mind. I hear ya about those women. I know a few of them myself and they are all to irritating, especially to those that do work hard and give greater appreciation to things other than getting nails and hair done and what time their house cleaner is coming. What a life!
Another Suburban Mom says
They are all bitchy because they are probably STARVING! I mean unless you are working out all the time, do you know how many calories a 5’4″ woman can eat in a day to maintain 120 lbs, not a whole lot.
.-= Another Suburban Mom´s last blog ..e[lust] #10 =-.