It’s hard to remember what I did before I started blogging. What the heck did I do with myself all day? Could I have cleaned? Worked out? Gone to lunch?
And then, enter Twitter. Holy crap, no wonder I’ve gained weight. Aside from quitting smoking, the only exercise I seem to get is the tap, tap, tap of the fingernails. Let me tell you, I have nice fingernails. Typing is great exercise if you want your nails to be long and strong.
I have a problem though. I have an addictive personality. And so really, when people speak of an internet addiction…I’m right there. *raises hand* My name is Melissa and I’m a Twitter/Blogging addict.
I woke up this morning, went on my computer, checked my stats, checked my DM’s and emails. And almost started to cry. Not just because of the fact that I haven’t been getting a ton of comments lately. What’s up with THAT, by the way 😉 And not because I’m disillusioned with where blogging is starting to go and with the generalized reputation that us Mommy bloggers are starting to get. Which, by the way, I am NOT a product whore. A comment whore, yes. NOT a product review/sponsor whore. I resent that some of the bad seeds are giving the rest of us bloggers a bad rep. So, to those of you out there who think all bloggers are like that, we aren’t. Some are. Definitely. But the ones I know are as real, as transparent, as you can get.
ANYWAY… because I’ve neglected so many other things that I love. So many things that I want to start. Or finish. Simply because I can’t get my secretary spread off the fucking blogs and Twitter.
So, I have a little list. A New School Years Resolution, of sorts. The new school year is QUICKLY approaching, and for some of us, it already has arrived. I decided, since this is sort of a pivotal year, with all my big kids in middle school *GASP* and my little one starting Kindergarten, I need to restructure a little. I need to get back to doing other things. That I enjoyed and haven’t done since this addiction overtook me.
1. I need to exercise. I do. I’m mushier and more out of shape than I have EVER been in my entire life. And I can’t stand how it feels. I have videos. AND a never before used…gym membership. I am paying for it and I’ve NEVER. Not ONCE. Ever set foot inside that gym. Except for, when I went to check it out before I joined!
2. I need. I must. Start crocheting again. Purses, hats, scarves. I loved doing that. I love the feel of yarn. I love seeing the ideas I have come to fruition. And I haven’t done any projects in ages, aside from a beautiful chemo hat I made for someone at my Dads office. Which, I haven’t given her yet!
3. Read. The last time I read anything, aside from blogs and Tweets, was Twilight. Which I read about 30 pages and threw it across the room. I hated how it was written. And haven’t read anything since. I need to get myself lost in a book again. Any suggestions?
4. Start and complete some projects. Even though they are internet related. But they would keep me away from my stats and worrying about why people aren’t commenting on my posts! And I have some really interesting and cool projects up my sleeve, I just need to find a way to pull them out.
5. Cook. I love cooking. I hate cooking for my family. They love to complain, no matter what. So they might as well have a dinner bitchfest over something yummy that I’d eat. Instead of complaining over what shaped noodles I served.
Those are just the beginning. My short list. Things I need to do to get away from the drama, politics and crap that is becoming part of the Mommy Blogosphere. And driving me nuts.
How has blogging changed your day to day existence? What are you doing to try to keep your life…normal?